Swingman

"Silvan" wrote in message

Dad has one of these things, made of walnut. I've played with it, but I
never thought much about it until I heard an interview with a group called
Laliya on the radio. Wow! A mountain dulcimer can sound like that?!

Ever since then, I've been gnawing on the idea that I'd like to have one

of
those, and it would probably be a good first instrument project because
they're not terribly complicated.

Never made one but recorded some of the best, including Lloyd Wright, who
won Winfield in 2000, and Don Pedi, one of the best known mountain dulcimer
players in the world. Lloyd's father Jerry, patriarch of the Wright Family,
a well known "old time" music group, showed me a couple he built on the
kitchen table, and he professes no skill whatsoever in woodworking.

I have a fairly recent woodworking magazine with step by step
plans/instructions for building one. I'll see if I can dig it up for you if
you're still interested.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04