Silvan

Clint wrote:

Regardless of whether they'll sell them or not by Friday/January, I'm
surprised something couldn't be worked out to throw one in a box and ship
it
out to a customer. That seems pretty reasonable to me, especially for a
company that prides itself on it's customer service. I realize they're
busy this time of year (I used to work in retail computer store in a
mall), but it wouldn't take long to fulfill the customer's request.

I'm inclined in this direction too. It really doesn't seem like that big of
a deal to me for a store to make someone happy by selling something like
that over the phone. Hell, I did that once at a big name retail mega corp.
Some guy wanted to buy something weird, and we were the only store that had
one, so somehow or other we arranged to take his credit card, a mailed in
money order or soemthing, and we boxed up all our stock and UPSed it to
him. That big name mega corp also has an online wing, though it isn't
quite the same deal as LV. Christmas is the time of year when weird things
like that happen all the time. We used to just accomomdate the customers
and take the cashola to the bank. What difference did it make to us who
ultimately walked away with the item so long as the full retail price,
including sales tax, was paid? I think we charged him sales tax on the
shipping too.

Although the tax issue does bring up some interesting angles. I'm not sure
what the tax structure looks like in Kanukistan. Maybe there's some deep
reason why the store can't do this tidily, because of some trouble with
provincial sales tax or VAT or something. Does Canada have VAT?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/