Mike Marlow

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Have you looked at the Porter-Cable trim saw? It's a 4-1/2", gear driven,
weighs about 7 pounds, is not particularly noisy, and if you wear one out,
you're doing heavier work than most people. I had one, someone swiped it

about
20 years ago, and I've never replaced it, but every time I cut a sheet of
plywood, I wish I had.

I hadn't Charlie, but I will be. I took the cheap B&D apart thinking I
would rig up some sort of switch and then decided not to - as handy as it
is, it's just a cheap saw and not worth much effort. After using this
little monster for a while I'm pretty well decided to replace it with
something similar, but of higher quality.
--

-Mike-