stoutman

It's a little amusing the responses contained in this thread regarding the
toxicity of methanol.

I am willing to bet that if the op was about using mineral spirits or
lacquer thinner, toxicity would nerver be mentioned.

Just dont drink your solvents or bath in them and you will be ok.

"RKG" wrote in message
Most of the directions I have seen for shellac flakes call to dissolve
them in denatured alcohol. Is there a problem with using methyl hydrate.
It is certainly cheaper and easier to find around here. I've tried it on
some small stuff and don't see any difference immediately.

Rick