Dave Hinz

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:52:46 -0700, Charles Spitzer wrote:

"Hank Gillette" wrote in message

Whether it works or not, only time will tell. If you've seen the videos,
they are very compelling. Going back to the auto industry, there were a
lot of doubters about air bags when they were first introduced, but
their reliability has been remarkably good, and there are a lot of
people walking around today who would be dead or crippled without them.

and a whole bunch of (usually) kids killed by them.

I've been an EMT for about a dozen years. I have seen a lot more people
hurt very very badly by running into dashboards, windshields, all sorts of
other hard/sharp/non-moving stuff in a car, that they wouldn't have hit
if they had their belt on and had an airbag been between them and what
they hit. The statistics of airbag-related injuries show it's a _very_ small
amount compared to the injuries they prevent.