Grunff

I have just fitted a new cooker hood as part of my kitchen rebuild. The
motor inside the hood is double insulated and therefore the cable is 2
core only. Having followed the various discussions on earth bonding in
this group I am trying to assess whether it is sensible to connect the
metal outer of the hood to the earth from the fused spur.

As I see it although only a remote possibility, potentially a fault
could occur at the crimped joint I will be making between the
applicance cable and the cable from the fused spur. This joint will be
concealed in the chimney piece of the hood.

The spur is fed off my new rcd protected ring main.

If interested here is a picture. The morale in the house is improving
as SWMBO can finally see the kitchen taking shape (albeit after 4
months of having to cook in a building site.

http://www.kapture-it.co.uk/show_alb...lbum_id=009789
What does the group think?

My double-insulated hood's instructions explicitly stated that it should
not be earthed.

--
Grunff