The Natural Philosopher

Richard wrote:

What would be the best kind of finish to use on new oak window frames.
Painting them is not an option as the wood look is required. I do not have a
clue whether the frames should be oiled, varnished or whatever and what
would be the best products to use?

I used a woodstain - bugger me - can't remember the name - but its not
Sikkens or Ronseal, and its fine inside, but UV and rain is messing up
parts that get a beating outside.

Ah Sadolin. So don't expect Sadolin to last under pressure.

Thers a real problem with oak: Stick too much on and it looks plasticky.
Not enough and teh water gets underneath it and blows it off.

Hope someone can help.

Richard