Andy Cuffe

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:50:39 +0000, shanz
wrote:

Hi all,

I bought the above model about 2 years ago and yesterday the set
started flickering and making clicking sounds when I turned it on.
After about 1/2 an hour the flickering/clicking disappears and all is
fine, but when I switch it back off and back on again the problem
returns.

I've looked at a few similar posts in this site and they seem to say
that I need to replace the TV, which is a real shame as it is a
relatively new set and as it was a fairly expensive SONY set I would
expect it to last for a good few years.
Apart from the flickering the picture is fine i.e. Contrast,
brightness, colour all seems good; I really do not want to buy a new
one.

Please Help!!!

Many Thanks Shanz

Since the set still mostly works and it has a good picture it's
probably something minor such as bad soldering, or a bad capacitor.
If you keep using it until it totally fails it may cost a lot more to
repair. I would get it looked at immediately if you really to keep
the set.
Andy Cuffe