GregP

On 14 Dec 2004 09:54:21 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Not a good analogy. I don't know if it's the airbags, but there do seem to be
more and more idiots on the road today, people who tailgate, speed, cut in and
out. Possibly it's more noticeable because traffic is heavier than ever in just
about every location, but it sometimes seems to me that adding extra safety
gear to cars and SUVs gave a lot of people a sense of invulnerability that is a
bit frightening.

I think that it's a combination of people having to drive more and
more to accomplish basic things, in traffic that is increasingly
worsening, as well as bloated pig SUVs (they have quite a bit
in common with those early 60's Caddies).