Dave Hinz

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:00:12 GMT, Dave Mundt wrote:

No...actually more like the Automatic Braking System
included in many cars today.
It is a device which is added to the basic, perfectly workable
mechanism, which is designed to replace skill and ability on the part
of the driver with robotics.

Are you claiming that you can brake better in bad conditions than ABS
can? Can you describe specifically what condition you believe this
to be true for?

The bottom line is that using a tablesaw is a dangerous
thing to do. I want myself and everyone that DOES use it to
maintain a cautious nervousness around it, and, not get lulled
into a false sense of security. That sense of security is
exactly what ends up with folks in trouble.

My biggest problem with the SawStop folks is that they continue
to not sell something that they also want to force everyone to use,
while locking others out from making it. That and I'm not convinced
it'll work.