mac davis

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:34:06 +0000, Alun Saunders
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

He picked a chunk of firewood off the pile, I set it up and got it
about 50" round and not wobbling to bad, and he went for it.. *g*

50" round firewood? Must be a big fire

I have no idea what kind of wood this is, but it's exotic looking...
I've never seen white go through the grain like this before, any idea
what type of wood it might be?

I can't help you with that, but it certainly looks interesting. Might
look even more interesting with a finish on it.

opps.. should have been 50%...
I should know not to try operating a keyboard before the 2nd or 3 cup
of coffee..

He sanded it with 12, 220 and 320.. it's like glass now..

We decided not to stain it and will put a couple of coats of rubbing
poly on it.. should be a really nice 1st turning that he'll keep for a
while..