mac davis

Default what kind of wood is this?

My stepson (23) is here for the holiday and I introduced him to
turning last night..

He picked a chunk of firewood off the pile, I set it up and got it
about 50" round and not wobbling to bad, and he went for it.. *g*

I have no idea what kind of wood this is, but it's exotic looking...
I've never seen white go through the grain like this before, any idea
what type of wood it might be?

The bark looked like a thin version of pine or fir... it's NOT what
I'd call hardwood, but from the little turning I did on it and a bit
of sanding help, it works harder that pine, but not like oak or
anything like that..

(posted in ABPW)