Roger Shoaf

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Short chunks of it _do_ make nice things to pound on, though.

And a 5-in. section makes a great dolly for fast bodywork. I have one with

thumb-hole that somebody torch-cut through the web. I polished it up good
with my 16-Amp Milwaukee grinder. When I use it with my basic body

hammer --
a 2-lb. maul -- I can knock a fender into shape quick as a wink. If you
stand back about twenty feet, on a cloudy day, it looks damned good.

This is not a joke, BTW.

Ed Huntress

I have a friend that made a bumper for his pickup truck out of a section of
rail. He had it extended about a foot from the body with aluminum tread
plate on top. He rolled the sides of the tread plate over and made cutouts
to match the profile of the rail so you could see the ends of the rail.

Since his truck had been raised about a foot, he had a bumper sticker made
up that said: "If you can't stop, smile as you go under".

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.