Jim Pugh

Dan, go to your favorite welding supply shop (where they also sell bottled
welding gas) and select the head gear and face shield you want. Should be
in the range of $20. Suggest you pick the longest face shield they have and
also pick one that is .060" thick (probably all they have there). After a
couple of years, when the face shield is too gunked up to see through, go
back and by a replacement face shield, generally $10. Also, along the
line, when the face shield gets dirty from green wood sap and other "stuff"
take the shield off the head band, put it in the kitchen sink with dish
washing soap and water and clean it up. Dry with a dish towel and you are
back in business. Acetone will remove CA glue spatters.
"Dan Williams" wrote in message
I picked up a cheap face shield at Woodcraft, only to find that the
plastic shield is so poor that I can barely see through it. It's so bad
that I have a hard time telling exactly when / where the tool is
contacting the wood. Any recommendations on a good face shield that one
can actually see through. Thanks. Dan