Harold & Susan Vordos

"Engineman1" wrote in message
In article , "Harold & Susan Vordos"
writes:

You've received some great suggestions, but if it gets down to scrapping

the
rail, the price is about as good as it gets right now. Steel is at, or

near,
a record high, including scrap. Sell it off, so it will end up in

China,
where they'll turn it into lathes and mills and sell them back to us.

Jay Leno mentioned tonight that the price of scrap has recently

quadrupled.
Is this true or just hype?
Engineman1

While I can't say it has quadrupled, it sure as hell has gone up
considerably. I've not followed the scrap market closely, but the price of
any steel item has increased by double in the past six months, at least
where they stay current on prices. I know they're paying more for scrap,
but I don't know how much more as compared to six months ago. Currently
they're paying $85/ton average for steel. I can remember when scrap yards
wouldn't even accept light steel.

Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.recycle.net/price/metals.html

Harold