webster72n

Now there's a thought, John, I'll try that pressure test, yet the oil
is being fed, but not ignited properly at all times. To tell you the
truth, I've been giving all these possibilities consideration, only to
keep coming back to the ignition factor itself. and that could be
influenced by the quality of the fuel oil in my opinion. You see, John,
over here they sell you the oil "from the bottom of the barrel" so to
speak, which contains water. It is not supposed to happen, but it does.
Also for quite some time the oil contained cleaning agents to make it
burn more cleanly. That has been omitted, even though they assure me ,
it not to be so.
Where location is concerned, I figured yours correctly and exactly for
the reasons you mentioned.
What amazes me is, my search for answers "on the other side of the
pond" led me to your NG. None to be found in the whole
US of A. Nevertheless I will keep digging 'til I find my answer
and once I do, I shall let you, Grunff and Owain know about it.
Thanks to all three of you.

Cheers,

webster72n.