Gunner

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:37:54 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I have about 500' of track with 2 switches that are an officially abandoned
siding on my property. The thought was to scrap it for cash. How much does
a foot weigh? What's the best way of removing it? Is it worth it? (LOTS of
metal here!)

Post in all the local metalworking news magazines and on the internet
that you are selling railroad anvil material for $5 a foot, and they
have to remove it themselves.

It will be gone in about 2 weeks.

Is that 500 lineal feet? Or 2 250 foot lengths? A 1000 feet of
railroad track is a ****load of steel.

http://rail.importer.alibaba.com/ G

You may make more money selling it to a railroad collectors club.
Particularly with the switches, signals, ties and road equipment.

Gunner.
"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas