Peter Teubel

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:52:34 GMT, mac davis wrote:

I'm a believer now.. all this talk around here about sharpening is for
real...

I'm very fastidious about sharp lathe tools. Not so much a honed and stropped edge, but a good sharp edge off a well tuned
grinder. You can see me sharpening every couple of minutes when I'm doing production bowl work. That's why I go through grinding
wheels every 6 months and a 1/2 bowl gouge last me about 14 months before its too short to use.

My friends call me the "Sharpening Nazi". When I'm teaching and a student calls me over, the first thing I ask is if they have
sharpened their tool withing the last minute or so. If not, I tell them to sharpen and THEN call me over. That fact alone usually
solves their "problem".

A sharp tool can make *ALL* the difference.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com