Martin H. Eastburn

Tom Gardner wrote:

I have about 500' of track with 2 switches that are an officially abandoned
siding on my property. The thought was to scrap it for cash. How much does
a foot weigh? What's the best way of removing it? Is it worth it? (LOTS of
metal here!)

Tom -

Where do you live ? - e.g. are there any private trains near by ?
They might just come and get it for something. e.g. Mountain climbing trains,
wine route, logging type, just pretty route...

That stuff might be worth something that you can't get - e.g. they have it
for trade... Life trip ticket or that old junker furnace we bought last year -
...... Might be worth more in use than in scrap.

Scrap is better than on the ground, but I never minded it.

ONe issue you might run into - hasmat the ties ?! - that stuff is poison now.
In situ - in the ground with rail - grandfathers them. [ have them hauled
with the rails as a whole deal ]

Things to think about.

Martin

--