Ken Moon

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
I picked up a cheap face shield at Woodcraft, only to find that the
plastic shield is so poor that I can barely see through it. It's so bad
that I have a hard time telling exactly when / where the tool is
contacting the wood. Any recommendations on a good face shield that one
can actually see through. Thanks. Dan

Dan,
Some faceshields come from the factory with a protective film on it to
prevent scratching in shipment. Take a close look at yours to see if it has
a Saran wrap type plastic cover on it. If so, take it off and you'll see a
vast difference. You can also use layers of plastic wrap as a "tear-off"
when turning wet pieces to keep sap off the shield.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX