rck

"Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department Postmaster"
wrote in message news:1Bpvd.7284$xa6.5446@trnddc09...
rck wrote:
I'd like to see some sort of device that would disable the doorbell for
thirty seconds after the button was pressed the first time. I don't know
why people think I'll get to the door faster if they ring the bell a
dozen times instead of once.

Bob

All you need is a timing relay of the appropriate voltage that will open
the circuit on application of power and will not make it available to the
button again for whatever interval you set.
--
Tom H

Time delay relays can be expensive. For example a 24AG-KRP11 Interval On
relay is almost $80. I suppose I could use an IC to drive an inexpensive
relay but then I'd have to build a power supply. How many milliamps are
available from a doorbell transformer?

Bob