Howard R Garner

Bernd wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. com...

I have about 500' of track with 2 switches that are an officially
abandoned siding on my property. The thought was to scrap it for cash.
How much does a foot weigh? What's the best way of removing it? Is it
worth it? (LOTS of metal here!)

IICR rail is weighed by the yard. For example 100lbs per yard would give
you the rail size. Siding rail would be smaller than main line rail.
Best way would be to chop off 36" and see what it weighs. There may also
be some indicator cast into the rail telling size.

Actually ROLLED into the web of the rail on one side. It will also have
the date rolled into it. Even more information if you know how to red
all the makes.

howard