Simon Avery

Default Toilet Cistern - where's the overflow

(Huge) wrote:

Hello Huge

Got the whole bathroom from Heritage. Everything is superb
quality

H Well, good, anyway.

Hmm, I'd put it higher than good, but then I've been living with the
crap bathroom from CrapBathroomsville for three years so my
expectations might be different...

Example: Corner tiling inside shower cubicle - Tiles not meeting
corner. So he used over an inch of grout. The tray was (not) sealed to
the tiles with another inch wide and four inch deep strip of silicon.
Not surprisingly, despite the bathroom being only 4 years old, the old
shower has rotted out floorboards and an internal stud wall.

Oh, and he put up one of the glass shower screens close against a
fitted cupboard. Not a problem - except he forgot to remove the big
"This way up" label which couldn't be reached and has been annoying us
every day since we got here.

H We bought the shower from Merlyn - 1200x900 frameless glass
H & I'm going to get another shower valve from CP Hart, the
H same as the one in our en-suite.

Good plan - stick with what you know!

My last bathroom was also heritage, including whirlpool bath. That all
worked fine, had great quality finish and the service through the
local outlet was fine. But I think the main reason we chose them was
because I really like their big quarter-turn enamel taps.

Today I've started ripping out old shower!

H Welcome!

2nd time around and (touch wood) everything's going very smoothly. On
the home straight now!

--
Simon
Dartmoor, England