Gino

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:47:56 -0700, Richard Clements
wrote:

RonB wrote:

Rick:
What kind of spray adhesive do you use? I have some of the 3M general
purpose but wasn't sure if it would hold.

Thanks

Ron

"RKG" wrote in message
I've tried all three and the dress quality velvet definitely looks best
although it is a pain working with. Spray adhesive and gluing it to card
stock seemed to be the best way to go. Lee Valley has some of the self
adhesive velvet but they seem to be dropping it and only have a few
colours left.

Rick

RonB wrote:

I have seen a lot of nice jewelry box postings here. Anyone have
favorite
ways of installing the velvet lining? I have read about several options
including:

- self adhesive velvet
- dress quality velvet glued in (apparently preferred by some high end
builders)
- Mounting velvet to card stock and inserting the cards below the
dividers

Also any web sources for making the velvet-covered ring pegs or ring
slots. I especially want to make sure I am using the proper adhesives.

Got momma's jewelry box in process but I thought you guys might have best
ways to make it pretty.

Thank you
RonB

go to the fabric store and get "Fabric Tack" it works great

And take a peek at some of the heavy silks while you are there.
You might decide to lose the velvet.