Makinwoodchips

Default Mini gloat ? Sorta long.

The family was getting together at my grandmother's house this weekend.
While driving through the small town she lives in, Dad spotted a two ton
truck sitting in front of one of the stores downtown with T & G pine floor
boards tossed in back. Old growth, tight growth rings and almost no knots.
He stopped to ask the guy who was tossing the boards into the truck what he
was doing with the wood. Tossing it into a pile out in the country and
burning it. I almost cried. Dad asked the guy what he'd take for the whole
lot. $40 and two pickup loads later, the wood was stacked up at Dad's
house.