Jim Northey

"RonB" wrote in message
news:djivd.95958$EZ.82746@okepread07...
I have seen a lot of nice jewelry box postings here. Anyone have favorite
ways of installing the velvet lining? I have read about several options
including:

- self adhesive velvet
- dress quality velvet glued in (apparently preferred by some high end
builders)
- Mounting velvet to card stock and inserting the cards below the dividers

Also any web sources for making the velvet-covered ring pegs or ring

slots.
I especially want to make sure I am using the proper adhesives.

Got momma's jewelry box in process but I thought you guys might have best
ways to make it pretty.

Thank you
RonB

Hi Ron.
I just use spray on contact cement, just a light coat on both parts and let
it set as per directions. As for the ring holders, if you have an
independent jewelry maker in your area ask him/her where they get the foam
backed velvet inserts for their display cases.
If your in southern Ontario around Toronto I can try and find the place I
used for that stuff.
Good luck
Jim