billh

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:30:14 -0500, Anonymous
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:21:07 +0000, mac davis wrote:

The good news is that I got to make shavings all day today.. life is
good...

mac davis wrote:

Funny how that works. No matter what the rest of the day was like, if we
get a chance to make some shavings we can just shrug everything else off.

Bill

yep.. since I quit riding motorcycles, the shop, and especially the
lathe, is my outlet..

I was turning a piece of firewood yesterday and once the bark and crap
were off, saw that it had bore holes in it and wasn't going to be a
bowl..
I just thought "so what, I'm enjoying the turning" and just made
shavings for about 20 minutes..

Depends on the holes. Sometimes they are highly prized.
Billh