Graham

My unit only displays partial data. The 'time' feature that is displayed
when not in a cooking mode does not properly show the current time
unless I press the plastic cover with my fingers. The same can be said
for the display during the 'cooking' cycle. Other than that the machine
works great. This unit is about 3 years old. The replacement price is
about $130 dollars. I think I only paid about $75 on sale and am
willing to shop for a new one if necessary. I am the sole operator but
the display causes me some annoyance each time I use it. If there is
some one out there with an easy cure I am open to suggestions. I do
have some electrical/mechanical knowledge and can do most simple
adjustments. Thanks in advance for any help you can tender.
I wish you all a very happy holiday cooking season and a Merry
Christmas

larry2shoes

I haven't seen the R-515 but I have repaired many Sharp R- series
microwaves.

Most have an LCD backlit by LEDS (not electroluminescent)
The LCD is connected to the CPU PCB with a flimsy ribbon that is bonded to
the glass and to the PCB.

There is no reliable way of just replacing the LCD, so you have to buy a
complete module, which Sharp call a CPU.
This is a very common fault across the R- series.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%