Chuck Hoffman

Steve, Sears used to have a 24/12 Align-a-Rip fence. Don't know if it's
still available.

Truth be told, I had to shorten both my fence rails. My TS has a rod that
carries the splitter and blade guard that protrudes thru the back right
where the rail would be. So I took them to a metal cutting shop and had the
left sides removed. Now I only have 24 inch right rip capability but that
hasn't impacted any of my projects thus far. If I need left rip, I can
always clamp a straghtedge to the table. Seemed a shame to spend $160 for a
24/24 fence and then another $15 to shorten the rails...but it was still a
less costly solution than another brand of fence.

What I did was cut off the rear rail almost directly behind the splitter
(allowing about 1/2 inch for the guard and splitter carrier rod) and the
front rail at the left edge of the main table so it will still pick up the
leftmost mounting bolt. Turns out that shortened both rails by almost
exactly the same amount.

"SteveC1280" wrote in message
Chuck,
I looked at the Craftsman Aligh-a-Rip fence. It looks good except that is
mounts 24 inches (if I remember correctly) to the left as well as right of

the
blade. I only have a about 8 or 10 inches of table to the left of the

blade.
My shop is REAL small and I'm afraid that I'd impale myself on the

protruding
extensions as I walk through the maze of tools.

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.