Martin

Default Cowboy wiring - grumble, grumble, grumble.

Hi All,

I think cowboys have previously been at the wiring of my house - if I
briefly explain the setup would anyone care to pass comment on how bad
my mood should be? Also what sort of investigation and subsequent work
would you think appropriate.

I'm looking into this as I'm planning a new kitchen ASAP. I appreciate
I may have to call in the professionals(??) but I would like to
understand what is going on first.

The house has a new consumer unit which has to be good thing and I
have no problems with breakers tripping etc. Here is what each
breaker seems to control....

1)
Labelled: Shower
Rating: 16 amp
1 thin wire going in.
Controls:
garage -one dbl socket, extractor fan, light in downstairs loo
(spurs off of spurs etc)
landing - one dbl socket
study - two dbl sockets
spare - one dbl socket
bedroom - three dbl sockets

2)
Labelled: Sockets
Rating: 32 amp
2 thin wires
Controls:
living room - 3 dbl sockets
kitchen - 2 dbl sockets

3)
Labelled: Sockets
Rating: 40 amps
1 thick wire
Controls:
Kitchen cooker socket (hob and oven are both gas - control
igniters only)
Shower

4)
Labelled: lights