Chris Holmes

Default Trailer Fridge Box ((Cheap) Alternatives to)

I am thinking of getting a fridge box to go on the front of my
trailer. For the uninitiated this consists of a small metal cofin
shaped box approx 4' wide, 2' deep and 2' high with a GRP lid which
can be bolted onto the (extended) A frame on the front of a trailer
tent or small trailer in order to put a camping fridge and other bits
and pieces in.

The manufacturers of said (very pretty) items want approx 180 notes
for such items, so i'm wondering if anyone can think of something (a
little narrower would be fine)similar which would do the job just as
well and ideally be available second hand (The original items are vary
rarely sold second hand without there's an ecpensive trailer tent
attached)

It don't have to be fantastically pretty, nor fantastically secure.
But does have to be sufficently butch for the job without requireing
me to fit extra strong springs on the car.

The only thought I have at the mo is some kind of steel tool store
type box, but it might be a bit heavy and pricey.

Please don't suggest building things out of wod or metal, as I don't
the necessary time at the mo (though i'm quite happy to assemble
something and or bolt it on).

TIA & Chow

Chris - Two Sheds and one Shed like Wendy House - Holmes