Lurch

Default Removing Tiles

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:03:27 +0000 (UTC), "Des"
wrote:

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:12:44 +0000 (UTC), "Des"

If you search on uk.d-i-y for articles containing SDS since 01\01\04
there are a few threads going into this subject.
..

Lots of useful information there - thanks.

Looks like these tools are heavy and can do a lot of damage?
I guess good protective clothing and masks are essential.

Des

Btw, I'm still no wiser as to what SDS actually stands for!!

From the Google uk.d-i-y archive.

"SDS originally stood for the german Steck - Dreh- Sitzt (insert -
twist - stay) and simply refers to the patented Bosch "keyless chuck"
system, whereby drill bits (and saw blades in jigsaws) can be
replaced without the need for an allen key. Today SDS stands for
Special Direct System or in german Spannung Durch System."

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.