Peter Ashby

Default Online Supplier for abrasives? Mainly for Wet & Dry

In article ,
Gnube wrote:

I found the lower grits on the mouse seemed acceptable and cut down
the donkey work quite well. Having the whole range of grits, a sheet
of glass and a sharpening/honing jig should make it all a bit good I'd
guess! I better go research those other bits and find some moderately
good new chisels - may try one of those Irwin Marples sets out of
interest. £23 for four isn't too bad although it's almost 10 times
what I paid for the 3 no name (Taurus?) ones I have now!

Furniture and Cabinetmaking magazine recently did a chisel test and the
marples didn't come out too well, though its not clear if they tested
the blue chip range or not. Two Cherries chisels came out top all round
and from the three I have I can only concur, beautifully polished on
arrival and backs flat as the proverbial. Steel holds a good edge too
(unless you hit a nail ;-( ) and octagonal handles don't roll off the
bench. Axminster stock them.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.