Puddin' Man

On 11 Dec 2004 16:26:55 -0800, wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:
On 8 Dec 2004 16:24:15 -0800,
wrote:
If the opener always closes from the wall button

It does, 'tho I might have to push the button more than
once ...

but not from the remote, then it's possible that the
switch on the remote has developed cracked solder joints.

Should be visable on a workbench with a magnifying glass?

Usually, but I've missed so many solder cracks that I usually just
resolder at least all the high-stress joints, such as the switch leads,
connectors, or anything heavy or hot.

I scrounged a compatable remote and set the code. Does the
same thing. Looks like the problem is in the receiver board.

Another possibility is that the stranded antenna wire in the overhead
unit has cracked about 1/4" from the circuit board, due to it wicking
up solder and being vibrated by the motor, but you won't see anything
because the insulation will remain intact.

But I can strip the insulation to ckeck for this condition?

Much thanks,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***