David

Default Removing Tiles

"TheScullster" wrote in message
If the existing ones have been properly fixed, be prepared for some
plastering!
Because of seriously naff wall construction, I'm tiling over existing

tiles.
Group opinion on this is mixed do a Google group search for tiles on tiles
and similar subjects.

HTH

Phil

I defiantly recommend leaving them on and tiling over them, providing they
are solidly fixed to the wall. When I was tiling I tiled a 105 bathroom
hotel and was on layer four in some bathrooms. Never had any problems.

Older tiles are quite thin (6 mm) so you won't be gaining much room.

Be sure to degrease and thoroughly clean the surface of the old tiles. It
has been recommended that you sand the glaze too on in this group. This is
not necessary and if you read the instructions on any decent tile adhesive
you will find this is the case.

If you need any tools or equipment have a look at my professional tilers
tools web site

www.tradetiler.com

David