John Stumbles

bof wrote:
In message , Wanderer
writes

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:39:23 -0000, Blair Malcolm wrote:

This may not be the correct news group to ask this question but does
anyone
know how I can prevent these frequent and tiresome Spam calls?

Yup, google for "telephone preference service" and give them a bell.
Haven't had any unwanted 'phone calls for years now.

Registered with TPS the day after it started, re registered twice, still
getting junk calls.

So what happens when you report them? (I presume if you can be donkeyed
to register with TPS you're also clued up enough to know to get callers'
identities and report them.)

Since I registered I've only had 2 junk calls: on the first, when I
asked their company's name and it became clear I was on TPS the caller
said "Oh sh1t" and apologised for calling; the 2nd was some SMS-to-voice
gateway run by BT which someone used to advertise a yoga group. Since
she didn't give any contact details it was pretty pointless advertising,
and may have been a genuine mistake. I didn't take that one up and it
hasn't happened again but if it did I certainly would.