Mary Fisher

"Sheila" wrote in message

Is England becoming a nation of dog haters?

I don't think so. But many of us don't like the smells which many animal
owners allow their pets to leave. So saying, I don't like a lot of the human
smells some folk have in their houses.

I'm not a dog loveror hater either. We've had cats, I wouldn't have them now
but they didn't smell. We have chickens, I won't tolerate smells from them
either (yes, they do sometimes come in the house!)

I think that one of the problems of smells in houses - from any source - is
because we have so much soft furnishing. Carpets are a particular culprit,
they stay in place for years sometimes, collecting smells, dirt and
livestock. The current fashion for hard floors makes a lot of sense, we've
had them for years.

Mary

Sheila