Scott

"Sheila" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm buying a house from someone who has a dog and is a smoker. I am a
dog hater and non-smoker and am keen to remove any doggy/smoking smells
when I get moved into the house.

Tips, please on removing doggy odours.

* I am replacing most of the carpets.
* I'll replace or wash out most of the curtains/blinds.
* They are leaving a old leather chesterfield type settee -- a vacuum
and wipe down with soap & water should freshen it up?
* Ceilings don't seem too yellow from cigarette smoke -- a good sign.
Thanks
Bruce

You poor thing Bruce.
The answer is simple ~ get rid of all the furnishings and then leave all
the doors and windows open for a few weeks.
You could try owning a dog, you might be a better person for it and it's
better than golf.
Of course you might also look at another house.
OTOH if you are not capable of basic house cleaning tasks without
instruction you might consider renting a bijou high rise apartment.
Is England becoming a nation of dog haters?

No, I love dogs

Sheila