Lurch

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:01:02 -0000, "Set Square"
strung together this:

I think I've also come across the use of the term 'momentary action' to
refer to a press and release switch used in conjucntion with a latching
relay. So, when once on, the load stays on until some other event causes it
to switch off. You get this sort of thing on some cars for things like
heated back windows. You push a button and the heater comes on and stays
on - but when you turn off the ignition, it goes off and doesn't come back
on again without a further button push.

Look up 'direct on line starter', or 'DOL starter'. That's how they
work.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd