s--p--o--n--i--x

On 10 Dec 2004 01:24:09 -0800, wrote:

I'm buying a house from someone who has a dog and is a smoker. I am a
dog hater and non-smoker and am keen to remove any doggy/smoking smells
when I get moved into the house.

Tips, please on removing doggy odours.

* I am replacing most of the carpets.
* I'll replace or wash out most of the curtains/blinds.
* They are leaving a old leather chesterfield type settee -- a vacuum
and wipe down with soap & water should freshen it up?
* Ceilings don't seem too yellow from cigarette smoke -- a good sign.

Any carpets that aren't replaced get professionally cleaned. Make sure
they use a deodoriser as this is really effective.

Wash the walls and ceilings with detergent. Wash all the remaining
curtains.

Dunno what you can do about the sofa as the smell will be in the
stuffing.

Having done all this some smell will probably remain but will fade
given time.

sPoNiX