Andrew Gabriel

In article . com,
"Charles Middleton" writes:

Peter Stockdale wrote:

Bell -push , Door bell style, perhaps.

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Thanks all for the answers it makes total sense now.
Im looking at working with a dimmable electronic ballast for my latest
project. The on/off and dimming function is control via a push to make
switch which seems like a simple way to set it up. Unfortunately the
switch needs to be located in a prominent position and it looks
unlikely I can get one to match the required decore and existing
switches (brushed chrome look).

You can make one up using MK gridswitch or other manufacturer's
equivalents, where you can get momentary action (also called
retractive) switches. I have also been known the take a spring
out of a retractive switch and put it into some other type of
switch which uses the same moldings, but where a momentary
action version was required but not available. I actually have
a regular 2 gang MK switch where one of the switches is
momentary action, created this way. (Not sure you can do this
any more, as I think MK stopped using the same moldings in
their regular Logic Plus as in their Gridswitch range.)

--
Andrew Gabriel