Set Square

Al Reynolds wrote:

"Charles Middleton" wrote:
Hi, can somebody explain to me in very simple terms the following:
- Push to make switch.
- Momentary-action

I *thought* they were the same thing.

The switch is off. You push it, and it's on, but when
you release it it goes off. Perhaps momentary action
means it only stays on momentarily even if the switch
is still being pushed (like the power switch on some PCs).

Al

I think I've also come across the use of the term 'momentary action' to
refer to a press and release switch used in conjucntion with a latching
relay. So, when once on, the load stays on until some other event causes it
to switch off. You get this sort of thing on some cars for things like
heated back windows. You push a button and the heater comes on and stays
on - but when you turn off the ignition, it goes off and doesn't come back
on again without a further button push.
--
Cheers,
Set Square