Simon Avery

Default Toilet Cistern - where's the overflow

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

Hello Harvey

HVS| Reading the description in your other post, though, doesn't
HVS| this invisibility lead to "not knowing and therefore not
HVS| fixing" minor overflow problems?
HVS| It seems to me that one of the advantages of a visible
HVS| overflow is that it acts as a flag to let you know that you
HVS| should look at the thing so it doesn't get worse.

That's why they always had the external overflow, but I guess they're
less fussy now or maybe modern materials are less likely to fail?

The overflow /is/ noticable, you can see the water running down the
inside back of the pan. But it's far less annoying than a traditional
overflow so possibly is less likely to get fixed so quickly.

But I like it anyway, I didn't want to spoil my lovely new tiles by
poking a big bit of plastic through them.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/