Mark Modrall

Default Panasonic SC-HT75 dvd player broken

Hi...

About a year and a half ago, we bought a panasonic SC-HT75 5-disc dvd
player and for the most part we've been really happy with it. But last
night, my wife was watching a 2-disc movie; the player finished playing
the first disc but when it moved to the 2nd, the player flashed up an
error code of DVD H01 and wouldn't load the disk.

Since then, the player won't load a disk from any slot. You put in a
disc, it whirs 4 times (sounding like a faint descending whistle),
flashes up DVD H01 and then NO DISC. Does the same with all discs no
matter what.

Powering down and back up doesn't fix it.

I looked on the panasonic site and in the manual, but haven't found
what the error codes mean. Is the unit totally hosed? Is it worth
trying to repair? It would be a shame to have to replace it after only
a year and a half. It was also hard to find a multi-disc player that
fit in the stereo cabinet that we have.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks
-mark