Nehmo Sergheyev

- Keith -
My roof is 10 years old and seems to be in good shape except for the

vent
boots. I noticed that the rubber part of the boots has cracked. I had

a guy
to give me an estimate on replacing the boots. I have 4 vent boots(two

3"
and two 1.5"). The guy told me it would be around 250.00 labor and I

needed
the boots, 2 bundles of shingles and some silicon seal. He said it

would
take one whole day for this job.
I'm just wanting some opinions on this. I guess I didn't think it was

that
big of a job. I realize that one must pull up a few shingles to

replace the
boots. What really got me wondering was the fact that the guy said he

would
need two bundles of shingles.

- Nehmo -
Get up there and do it yourself. If you're scared of heights, now is the
time to confront that fear. If you have a question about how, post it.
Or you can bargin the guy down to a hundred bucks. Then he'll go up
there and make additional holes while he does the job.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *