On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:17:36 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

My roof is 10 years old and seems to be in good shape except for the vent
boots. I noticed that the rubber part of the boots has cracked. I had a guy
to give me an estimate on replacing the boots. I have 4 vent boots(two 3"
and two 1.5"). The guy told me it would be around 250.00 labor and I needed
the boots, 2 bundles of shingles and some silicon seal. He said it would
take one whole day for this job.
I'm just wanting some opinions on this. I guess I didn't think it was that
big of a job. I realize that one must pull up a few shingles to replace the
boots. What really got me wondering was the fact that the guy said he would
need two bundles of shingles.

Thanks

Best thing I've found, first pick only craftspeople who are
recommended to you by trusted people. Second, get more than one
estimate. Three, check the craftsman history via the BBB for
complaints.

As for the job, as in the bundles, I have no clue how he's using them.
sorry.

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com