Keith

Default Roof question

My roof is 10 years old and seems to be in good shape except for the vent
boots. I noticed that the rubber part of the boots has cracked. I had a guy
to give me an estimate on replacing the boots. I have 4 vent boots(two 3"
and two 1.5"). The guy told me it would be around 250.00 labor and I needed
the boots, 2 bundles of shingles and some silicon seal. He said it would
take one whole day for this job.
I'm just wanting some opinions on this. I guess I didn't think it was that
big of a job. I realize that one must pull up a few shingles to replace the
boots. What really got me wondering was the fact that the guy said he would
need two bundles of shingles.

Thanks