Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/11/2004 6:15 PM John wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

(Cross-posted to rec.woodworking, alt.home.repair)

I want as little hardware to show as possible, but the stiles on the
cabinet door are narrow, to accommodate a mirror and its backing, so I
can't use "Euro" hidden hinges. A 2'' narrow loose pin "utility" hinge
would do the job but the ones I've found would require drilling into
the edge of the cabinet's MDF sides -- I don't get a real sense that
this is going to be very secure.

http://users.adelphia.net/~elliottfamily/hinge.gif

If it is not too late in the project you may try adding reinforcement to
the MDF. Drill a hole into the MDF and insert a hardwood dowel. Then
screw the hinges into the dowel.
Just my $0.02

Worth more than $0.02, I reckon. Good advice is priceless - especially
when it is offered for free. Thank you.

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR