Gunner

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:27:23 GMT, John Chase
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:09:08 -0000, "PR"
wrote:
"Armed police shoot errant sheep" :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4088497.stm

They simply couldnt toss a rope around its neck and drag it away?

Never tried goat-roping, have you? :-)

-jc-

Actually Ive roped sheep, goats and a wild boar once. The hog was not
amused...even a little bit...not even a smidgen....

Cost me a perfectly good 45' hemp lasso too...damnit.

I figured that the British were civilized enough to have some form of
animal control officer who was skilled with either a rope or a pole
and loop snare, to be able to snag that range maggot.

Shrug..

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas