Peter Fairbrother

Jim Stewart wrote:

I'd think it would be a prime opportunity to try
out the Taser gun.

Aye.

But we are talking about Swindon, which is a country town with delusions of
grandeur - it has tried and failed several times to become a city - and it's
a bit "agricultural". It's also a bit overproud of it's new roundabouts.

The cops there are probably more familiar with shotguns than most UK city
folk, and they'd want a chance to try their new guns* out on a live target -
after all they would get in trouble if they shot a person without good
reason - or at least more trouble than a US cop would get into.

* I'd bet a small amount the shot (if singular) came from a MP5.

--
Peter Fairbrother